Monday, December 24, 2012

The Christmas Spirit

Welcome home. After a few weeks of traveling, I'm back in the United States. First thing when I landed on US soil: long lines. It must be the holidays. When checking into my final flight, the screen asks for volunteers. The airlines have oversold the flight: the holidays. I say yes.

After a few hours in Lax waiting for the flight (which btw is the worst airport), they call my name asking if I'd still like to volunteer. I hesitate, I've been flying forever, would be nice to be done. "How about a $600 voucher and we put you up for the night?" Okay, you've convinced me. Merry Christmas from Delta. Makes me feel better that I just paid $1000 yesterday for my other flight. That makes it only $400. Woohoo! On that cheerful note, I end my journey.

The transportation tally:
9 flights (44 hours in the air)
8 boat trips
6 buses
4 sky trains
1 sleeper train
2 subways
3 taxis
10 tuk tuks
4 complimentary rides (hotels)
Who knows how much walking and swimming?

Whew! What a whirlwind! Beaches, Wats, elephants, monks, Thai food, zip-lining, $6 accommodations, $1-2 meals, coconut shakes, and sunshine.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment