I'm almost to the beach! The limestone cliffs surround me, the jungle closes in, I can smell the ocean. The town of Krabi is close to the beach. Literally the beach from the Leo dicaprio movie is only an hour boat ride away!
Another strange ordeal happened to me. The taxi I took from the airport to Krabi was eventful. The driver was dropping me off at a tourist shop (instead of my hostel that I asked him to drop me off at). I opened the car door and whoosh a car flew by taking part of my car door with him. I got out of the car, part of the door was smashed in.
I should be lucky that I wasn't hurt, but all I could think was "oh crap, are they going to make me pay for this even though it wasn't my fault?" The drivers argued in thai for a while. They told me to sit inside the agency. It took everything i had to hold back tears. So I sat for ten minutes contemplating liability and my defense. When they finally called me out, the driver gave me my bag, said thank you and I went on my way. Stessful to say the least.
So I got an hour thai massage which btw is like a yoga + massage. Awesome. And now I sit here with my pad Sei ewe and Thai beer. I think I deserve it all after today. And tomorrow the sand, sun, and ocean will wash all my worries away......

No comments:
Post a Comment