Thursday, December 6, 2012

Taking the Long Boat

Judging from my sunburned body this morning, I made it to the beach! I was able to soak up some much needed SUN!

Yesterday I took a long boat to Railey beach. A beautiful patch where torquise waters meet white fine sand meet jagged limestone jungle cliffs. Sublime. The boat ride took about an hour and when it arrived they anchored a hundred feet or so from the beach and we jumped into the warm water and walked to shore.

To get to the beach you walked along a cave! Railey is a popular rock climbing destination. So you saw people all around trying to conquer the rock. I headed for the water. Right on the beach there were "food boats". Kinda like a food truck, but in the water. You would order up something and they would cook it right there for you!

The day was mainly spent relaxing, enjoying the warm water, sun, and scenery. Monkeys even started appearing in the trees! By the end of the day I was feeling the heat. Should have put on more sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment