I'm in Asia! 14 hours of flying down and only 7 more to go. It's great to be international again. And as always, full of surprises.
Upon landing in Tokyo I proceed through the security line to get to my connecting flight. I wasn't yet checked in, so I didn't have a boarding pass to give them. Bur luckily I found an itinerary on my phone. Then they proceed in telling me my departure is actually at the other airport in Tokyo!
Now you would think they would have said something on my ticket like "whoa there! You're arrival and departure flights are in two different airports, an hour apart." To the same point, you would think with my previous flight mishaps I would check my ticket thoroughly. :)
Either way, I had to enter the country and get to the other airport. Luckily I wasn't crunched on time. I think one of my favorite things about traveling abroad is the deer in headlights effect you feel. It can be very unnerving yet releasing in a weird way.
I figured out some transportation via an "airport limousine bus". Pulling out of the airport there were fireworks! Hi Japan! Funny though on the bus they didn't allow phones because I quote "other passengers might get annoyed".
We drove by the bright lights of Tokyo and I arrived at the other airport in plenty of time. In fact I just enjoyed a cup of tea and a lovely cone of green tea ice cream. What a short travel experience in Japan!
On to Thailand now!



No comments:
Post a Comment