Sunday, May 22, 2011

Packing like a champion?

THE TASK: pack up a summers worth of clothes, gear, books, shoes, toiletries, and more into 2 bags (one carry on size, the other a large backpack).

I spy Norris the dog.


THE OBSTACLES: size, weight, too many clothes, not enough clothes, too many books I won't read, not enough contact lens solution, heavy and awkward shoes, and a dog who apparently wants to be packed away also. 


I have trained for this.  (Cue Rocky theme music) I have been making the list.  I have had lots of time (4 months to be exact). I have the luggage, the bags, the cubes, the ziplocs. All my trip packing experience and expertise leads up to this moment.

 Will it be accomplished? What will I sacrifice? 
How many layers of clothing will I wear on the airplane?
Will I bring an extra bag to sneak Norris in?
Can I go the distance?
Stay tuned....

His eyes are saying "please don't leave"

UPDATE
______________________________________________

Days, Hours and Minutes Later:

I DID IT!

Although I had to make a box of Alaska rejects that weren't able to make it.
And sadly Norris was in it :(.




No comments:

Post a Comment