Thursday, May 26, 2011

Introducing Alaska

All I can say is that I am bewildered. The flight up here was one of the most spectacular flights I have been on. For a constant 2 hours I saw sights of wonder and amazement that got me so excited I just couldn't hide it!

I left Bozeman on a lovely sunny day. I took off from my connection in Seattle to rain (surprise).



For the first hour of the flight it was just clouds. But then the clouds would break and you would see snow frosted mountains peaking out! Eeek! The next two hours of the flight was a flurry of sights. It became a sea of mountains, peaks, glaciers, lakes, rivers, coast, just amazing BEAUTY.

It was mountains, mountains, mountains! We saw coastal towns with no roads leading to them.


 I felt like my passion and adventure was reignited again! Why hello old friend. At times I wanted to dance, other times I wanted to cry. It was a flurry of emotion. Mostly I just kept singing "I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it". Which I don't have on my ipod sadly. It was mother nature displayed in it's finest. You could see the land shaping itself. 











We slowly got closer to the mountains to where we were flying over them! YES! Closer! Almost there!


When we landed in Anchorage I was so happy to finally be in Alaska. Couldn't wait for the adventure to start. I grabbed my bags and took the the roads. Next up was a drive to the coastal town of Seward. The drive would blow my mind. Welcome to Alaska.....

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo welcome to the 'ska! Can't wait to hear more, your Twit pic was awesome :)

    wendie

    ReplyDelete