Turns out teaching is tough. I had my first mini-lesson today. I prepared a 20 minute how to lesson. Mine was "How to Make A Paper Snowflake". Simple enough, right? But no! It was so nerve racking. I missed a few steps and did a whole buncha stuff wrong. But it was the first one. Surely with time you get less nervous and it gets a little easier.
Teaching English as a foreign language is very different than the english classes we are used to. It is very simplified. The goal is to get the student to give you everything. You only speak in English and use things like acting, drawing, and hangman to get them to find out the meaning of the word.
It's lots of work and lots of studying. But I am learning new things; and it is pushing my comfort zone. Next week we are studying grammer. Those days will be brutal. But hey I get to study in Cusco PERU! Can't beat that?

No comments:
Post a Comment