To begin with it is surrounded by mountains. On the mountains are large statues, terraces, and large writing (kinda like the Montana ¨M¨ at bozeman except this writing says Viva El Peru Gloriouso Cusco). You can see the writing from the view from my classroom window (photo).
Then the city itself has lots of history. Walking around the city are many parks, statues, and decadent buildings. My first day here there was a parade in one of the parks (photo). When I asked what it was for they said it was Police Day. Haha...police day.
I love walking the city! Seeing the sights, sounds, and smells (those mostly unpleasant). The markets are amazing! Lots of colors and strange foods (Guinea pig is the delicacy here). It´s a cool city to explore! And there is soooo much to see.
Agenda for this weekend: Machu Picchu! Yeah!
This is awesome. What an experience. Your grandmother gave me the website so I could see the pics!...I am your dad's first cousin, Deb McPherson!
ReplyDeleteBe careful!