After 3 days of flying and getting very little sleep, I finally arrived in Cuzco, Peru yesterday!
Woohoo....no more traveling (for a little while at least)! And I made it through the first day yesterday. That one is always the toughest. You´re not sure where you are, what you are doing, and scared for what is to come. And then there is the altitude here. 11,203 ft! Eeek! Even though I came from about half that, my head feels a little funny and walking up stairs becomes a task. But now it is day 2 and things are looking up!
And plans change....Instead of taking spanish classes and volunteering, I decided to take TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) classes and get certified. I don´t know why I didn´t think of doing that earlier. In the long run the TEFL certification will open more options working and traveling abroad. Sometimes it seems the best decisions come last minute!
Tomorrow is my first day of classes. I should be a little better adjusted by then. Photos to come soon I hope!
Pictures :)
ReplyDelete