Friday, December 24, 2010

Planes, Buses, Trains, Boats, Taxis, Walking, Climbing, and Finally Home

After 3 days of flying I am home. In those 3 days I was:
  •  at 6 airports in 3 countries
  • on 5 flights that totaled 15 hours
  • in the airport a total of 18 hours
  • drove 6 hours
  • slept very little
  • read a lot
  • listened to music a lot
  • slept in a 24 hour starbucks in the lima airport
  • got home :)
But all is good. No travel troubles. I got home. I survived all the flights. I started out in Cusco peru with beautiful mountains surrounding me and I ended in Jackson, Wyoming with beautiful mountains surrounding me. Can't complain about that. Although the weather went from 70 degrees sunny and humid to 15 degrees snow covered, dry, and cold. Ahhh winter. Tried to escape it long enough I suppose.

Altogether I had a great trip to Peru. I spent some time learning about teaching (which is much more difficult than I thought). I traveled to the wonder that is Machu Picchu and the giant Lake Tititcaca. I got to hang around the awesome city of Cusco for an entire month! And hey I didn't get anything stolen or get sick (well beside seasick at least). 

Peru is a beautiful country, and I only saw a minuscule amount of it! I would definitely go back someday. But now I am home for the winter. On to the next frolic.  I am spending a week working down at Old Faithful in Yellowstone to kick off the new year. Should be beautiful (and a little chilly).....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my friends and family (here and there and everywhere)!


No comments:

Post a Comment