Thursday, December 2, 2010

I saw the sign......and it made me smile

I made it through grammar week! YES! Not so tough after all, especially when school house rock is involved. If you were wondering that ¨yes¨ that I just typed, was an interjection. I also learned all about adverbs, verbs, tenses, modals, conjunctions, and more than we ever learned in English class. Although I have to admit, just then the computer had to correct my spelling on grammar and verbs :(.

One mini-lesson lesson tomorrow and then I am away for the weekend. It is very difficult to top last weekend at Machu Picchu. But I will try with the largest highest lake in the world: Lake Titicaca.

Here are some funny signs I have noticed this week:

Huggies: The prefered diaper of the Incans at Machu Picchu:

This photo is great for two reasons:
1) It is a tooth dressed as a knight advertising a dentist and
2) The tooth is holding back the statue.

And then there is the garbage truck with a tomato cleaning up the city.
I want a tomato to clean up all my messes. :)


Happy December to all!

2 comments:

  1. LOL I should get a marketing job in Peru. I could create a carrot dressed as a police officer to clean up the crime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some spectacular photos from the Inca ruins, and some clever, comedic photos from contemporary Peruvian advertising "culture".

    :-)

    Glad to hear you're learning in your refresher English course. Actually, it may be re-learning, as I imagine what you learned in h.s. & college just became "dim" in your memory.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete