Friday, October 4, 2013

All Packed and Ready to GO!


How do you pack for two months in the city, the mountains, and the dessert? Now keep in mind that you'll carry everything while walking 15-20 miles each day and you'll be hand washing all your clothes for a month. The answer: you try to pack light.

I started thinking about what to pack and my gear six months ago when I decided to walk the camino. The ideal weight they say you aim for is 10% of your body weight. I'm close (15%). Here's what I'll be living with the next two month:

Clothing/shoes:
-Three t-shirts
-one long sleeve shirt
-two pair pants
-one pair of shorts
-one pair wool long johns and shirt
-one cute city blouse (gotta look good in Paris!)
-one tank top
-four pairs of socks
-one pair of green compression socks
-five pairs of knickers
-one Patagonia nano puff
-rain jacket and rain pants
-two pairs of sandals (one for walking the other for relaxing)
-one pair of keen hiking boots
-cap and warm hat
-buff
-gloves

Other items:
-sleeping bag liner, down throw, and pillowcase 
-medicine (lots of ibuprofen and foot care stuff)
-toiletries
-iPhone, charger, and headphones
-two water bottles
-pack towel and washcloth
-pen and journal


That's pretty much it! Hopefully it's all I need. We'll find out soon. I fly away in a couple of hours. Direct flight from Salt Lake to Paris. Au revoir, America! You better not still be shutdown when I return...

Travel update:

Off to a good start: Airlines oversold flight! No longer nonstop, but gained a $600 travel voucher and business class. This trip is off to a good start. ;)

1 comment: