I finally had some time off to relax and explore. Yesterday I had a day of rejuvenation and relaxation. I slept, watched a movie, and took it easy. Working 10 hour days tend to get you a little tired. But it was fantastic to take my first day to recharge. But like a battery (and bunny) you need to take some time to re-energize your body and spirit!
My second day off was a different story. Started it out ACTIVE and went for a hike up the ridge. The ridge hike is a local hike right behind camp where you get AWESOME views of the mountains and the area. It is pretty much straight uphill. Definitely a workout. While the mountain wasn't in view today, it was still a beautiful day to be out hiking. Exploring my little corner of Denali :)
| Right Corner is Camp. Left Upper is Wonder Lake. Denali is hidden behind clouds in upper left. |
The flowers were out in BLOOM! The tundra bed is a full of so much growth and color.
| I've taken a liken to the lichen |
Then this ground squirrel came around.
Stuffin his face with flowers :)
Finally the TOP!
The mountain playing peek a boo.
Overall I had a lovely couple of days off. Ready for the excitement of another work week in Denali....
No comments:
Post a Comment