Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Beauty Below

Wanderlust is the word of the day. A day for exploring the "great, fresh, unblighted, unredeemed, wilderness" (John Muir).  It wasn't a perfect day, overcast skies. But considering the last couple of days we have had a lot of rain, I had to take the window of opportunity to get out. 

One amazing thing about this place is even when the mountain isn't out, there is still a lot to see if you look. Most people always look to the mountain for inspiration. But in fact the small things are just as amazing and beautiful.



If I were more knowledgeable I would tell you the names of these things and what they are. But a rose is still a rose by any other name right?

Moose Creek in background

The tundra floor is covered in all different kinds of moss and lichen. It is beautiful. A lot of colors, sizes, and shapes. Sometimes the moss would be a foot deep! When you step on it, it is so spongy and squishy. It is one of the coolest feelings to just walk out on the stuff. You have bounce and spring in your step!  Feels like you are walking on pillows.



Made it to the top of the ridge! With view of wonder lake and some antlers.




I am restored in beauty. I am restored in beauty. I am restored in beauty. -Navajo Prayer




Flowers in bloom. 

The trail was all sloshy and wet. And I LOVED IT! It was so awesome to step in the gush. You would sink down into it and it would make a funny noise. Nature has a way of bringing you back to the basics of those simple things that make you happy.

"I was up to my knees in the world" -Annie Dillard

Take the time to look at the ground and see what amazing things are happening down there! It's another world to discover!



"The one who meditates on the Divine is like a tree planted by streams of water." -Psalm 1







All the raindrops and dew on the flowers and plants is simply splendid. Makes the plants, flowers, and trees glisten and shine.

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photography. When images become inadequate I shall be content with silence." -Ansel Adams





Open your eyes to nature. Take a moment to see the beauty in the world, big and small.

"To see a WORLD in a grain of sand, and a HEAVEN in a wild flower." -William Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment