After experiencing the warmth of the south over the holiday season, I returned to -20F in Alaska. As soon as I stepped off the plane and my breath was taken away by the cold, I knew I was home. What's even better, the four hour drive back to Denali was Alaska's winter beauty on display. Denali was out and peaking around every corner.
| Denali ahoy! |
| Denali from the South |
| The Moose's Teeth |
Lately we have been getting A LOT of snow. I "skied" to work after a fresh snow the other day. At times I sunk to my knees! In Cordova, they have had nearly 20 feet of snow! 20 FEET! So much that they had to call the National Guard in to dig them out. Roofs were collapsing, school was cancelled, shovels were being flown in from Washington! Craziness! Luckily we haven't had that much! But it is still A LOT! Maybe about 18 inches on the ground now.
| Snow! |
Pretty light, pretty sunsets these days. Now that we are on the upswing of winter, we are gaining about 5 minutes a day. Which means about an hour every ten days! When I leave work at 5 I almost don't need a headlamp to get home.
"I wish to say nothing. What does the sky say?" -Confucius
No comments:
Post a Comment